Business and industryStage 4 restrictions
- Stage 4 restrictions now apply across metropolitan Melbourne to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) by reducing the number of people leaving their homes and moving around Victoria.
- Under these restrictions, only permitted workplaces are allowed to operate on-site, and they must have a COVIDSafe Plan in place.
- Several industries have also been identified as high-risk. The businesses in these sectors must have a High Risk COVIDSafe Plan to complement their COVIDSafe Plan.
- Stage 4 restrictions apply to metropolitan Melbourne only. Stage 4 restrictions also apply to some high-risk industries such as abattoirs and meat processing businesses that also operate in regional Victoria.
- Businesses in regional Victoria are also subject to some restrictions and responsibilities.
- You can download a list of permitted workplaces to see if your business or industry is allowed to operate on-site.
- Employers that require staff to attend a permitted workplace must issue an individual worker permit to their employees. Visit the Permitted Worker Scheme and worker permits page to find out more information.
- It is recommended that you visit the Business Victoria website for detailed guidance about your sector.
Permitted worker scheme
It is the responsibility of employers to issue individual worker permits to employees who are required to attend a workplace.
Visit the Permitted worker scheme page for more information about the scheme, access to childcare for permitted workers and to download the Worker Permit form.
Business Victoria Stage 4 detailed guidance
For up-to-date operational guidance for businesses and industries under Stage 4 restrictions, as well as information to help you prepare a COVIDSafe Plan, visit the Business Victoria website.
Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer
These directions identify permitted workplaces and restricted workplace activity under Victoria’s Stage 4 restrictions.
The Restricted Activity Directions (Restricted Areas) (No 6) came into at 11.59pm on 5 August 2020.
- ‘Permitted Work Premises’ for the purposes of the Restricted Activity Directions (Restricted Areas) (No 6), effective as at 5 August 2020 from 11:59pm (version 4.0, updated 13 August 2020) (PDF)
- ‘Permitted Work Premises’ for the purposes of the Restricted Activity Directions (Restricted Areas) (No 6), effective as at 5 August 2020 from 11:59pm (version 4.0, updated 13 August 2020) (Word)